Spelling makes sense when you understand the patterns in words
People are neurologically hard-wired to make sense of things as fast as they can. They do this by finding patterns. Connect Spelling helps students learn the patterns in words, so spelling actually makes sense.
Goes beyond memorizing lists of unrelated words
Many spelling courses expect students to simply memorize lists of random, unrelated words. By dividing the most common spelling words by word pattern or syllable type, Connect Spelling teaches students why words are spelled a certain way. Students who learn to spell with Connect Spelling have the tools necessary to continue growing as successful spellers.
Please Note: This program was created to teach decoding and spelling to one hundred percent of the first, second, and third grade students. It has also been used successfully for tutoring older students and adults. Please note, however, it does not cover all the curriculum in an Orton-Gillingham program.
Over 90 Units Included
The complete Connect Spelling program contains over 90 units, divided into courses for first, second, and third grade.
Each unit includes:
- The take home list with instructions of the word pattern for that week, along with what is not phonetic in yellow and red words
- Worksheets to go over the words with the entire class at once
- Shapes worksheet
- Scrambled words worksheet
- Word search worksheet
- Cloze worksheet (not in early units)
- Ideas on how to incorporate tactile methods each week for green, yellow, and red words
- Songs are you may use to sing the yellow and red words